Friday, December 9, 2016

I am really Horrible at this it seems... Catch up and the Kells Road Races...

Yep, I have come to the conclusion I am horrible at blogging... But hey why not keep it going some more here! Okay, where to start... This has been a crazy year to say the least. Racing, I suppose you all want to hear about racing right? I am gonna keep everything pretty short, maybe I can actually keep up with this stuff and keep it interesting for ya!
The Kells Circuit is short and sweet, with a bunch of elevation and jumps!
So lets start out with the Kells Road Races over in Ireland, my first real roads racing experience on a borrowed CBR600RR that I have never ridden before. What can go wrong right? We got to Dublin and our friends Gail and John picked us up to head out to Kells. When we got there Gav Brown already had the pits setup and we were off to the pub for some beers... When in Ireland... :)
Adam ready to rock and roll!
So the next day is practice with racing the following day, I took a walk around the course, this was gonna be interesting. Nervous is a word I have used a lot on my adventures, respect is another word that gets used a lot. These are not short circuits with run off everywhere, as I walked around the course I watched the crews putting hay bales around trees, telegraph poles, and stone walls that are right on the edge of the road. Here we go, rolled through scrutineering, got my practice cards, and we were ready for the newcomers laps. 
Ryan Robinson with some words of advice and helping me keep my head on straight!
The newcomers laps were very slow and more of a sighting lap session, but showed me that I was in for a ride! Roller Coaster... That's what this is like I think! But your on 2 wheels so it's much better! ;) I practiced and made qualifying for my races, unfortunately the rain came in overnight and flooded the course so the races had to be cancelled... But we got the experience and some seat time with some big boys. So much fun was had and I ended up purchasing the Paul Black Racing CBR600RR off of Paul and Gav for my future rides over there. I can't thank Gail, Gav, Paul, Ryan, Lindsey, Rachel and everyone who helped get Sue and myself to Kells and supported my adventure in real roads racing! So then back home we went, but some fun photos came!
WHOA!!! That's 6th gear flat out with Brendan Merrigan "flying"by! 
Adam met up with Sue in Dublin, our first trip out of the states together!
The Flying Finn was amazing, paying respects to Martin Finnegan.
Gav Brown is Crazy, he let me ride his bike at Kells!!! Hahaha!!!
Bell Helmets supported riders Adam Bauer and William Dunlop.
Getting ready to go out is an experience in itself!
On the gas hauling! So much fun, so fast, so narrow, so fun!
 Next up we will be posting some more fun experiences that have been had and I promise that I will post sooner than later!




No comments:

Post a Comment